When you invest your dollars in Help Our Neighbors, you can be confident that your money is well spent. All of your donation stays in the community and goes directly to supporting all of our programs that allows seniors to live well and age with dignity.
Consider donating to Help Our Neighbors in honor or memory of someone who has benefited from the services of HON.
Now through November 16, 2017! Click here to go to our giving page!
Your support allows HON to develop new, cost-effective, and sustainable approaches to help older adults maintain their health and independence. We are a 501(c)(3)non-profit organization focused on providing services for seniors to live independently in their homes. We collaborate with Olmsted Medical and the community to provide caregiver support, health education and health nutrition. In addition, HON provides transportation, caregiver support, respite care, outdoor chores, light house cleaning, minor home repair and home safety checks. These senior services have been developed to allow seniors to age in place in a community they have grown to love.
HON has worked extensively and has been instrumental in creating opportunities in the following areas: health management, community-based services and social engagement. In a three year study we have significantly reduced falls in the home. Although HON receives some grant monies for operational costs, we rely on donations to fund our services for the growing senior community in our area.
HON has accomplished a great deal but there is still much more to do. Your generous support will allow HON to improve on developed services and allow HON to:
- Provide opportunities for early dialog between clients, family and county services to facilitate the long term care decision sooner to deal with the limited resources here in Chatfield.
- Screen clients for the early detection of dementia/Alzheimer and offer tools for the growing number of seniors facing this illness and provide education for the caregivers.
- Establish more caregiver training for professional and informal caregivers in the area to allow those participants opportunities closer to home.
- Help seniors create their legacy letter to begin the conversation of the end of life journey.
- Create social activities and opportunities to remain active in the community
- Develop more social opportunities with a meal to encourage nutrition in an area that has no senior dining.
Donate today to make a difference in the lives of seniors.