This class is not currently being offered but please check back in February 2018 for updates.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is an educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend. You will benefit from this class whether you are helping a parent, spouse, friend, someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country.
This class covers:
- Help you reduce stress
- Communicate effectively with other family members, your doctor, and paid help
- Take care of yourself
- Reduce guilt, anger, and depression
- Help you relax
- Make tough decisions
- Set goals and problem-solve
Please note that this class will NOT focus on specific diseases or hands-on caregiving for the receiver.
Each class participant will receive a book to accompany the class content. This book contains chapters covering topics such as:
- Hiring in-home help
- Helping memory-impaired elders
- Making legal and financial decisions
- Making decisions about care facility placement
- Understanding depression
- Making decisions about driving
This class series meets once a week for six weeks.