A class for family caregivers
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is an educational program designed to help family caregivers take care of themselves while caring for a relative or friend. You will benefit from this class whether you are helping a parent, spouse, friend, someone who lives at home, in a nursing home, or across the country.
This class covers:
- Help you reduce stress
- Communicate effectively with other family members, your doctor, and paid help
- Take care of yourself
- Reduce guilt, anger, and depression
- Help you relax
- Make tough decisions
- Set goals and problem-solve
Please note that this class will NOT focus on specific diseases or hands-on caregiving for the receiver.
Each class participant will receive a book to accompany the class content. This book contains chapters covering topics such as:
- Hiring in-home help
- Helping memory-impaired elders
- Making legal and financial decisions
- Making decisions about care facility placement
- Understanding depression
- Making decisions about driving
This class series meets once a week for six weeks.