Volunteers are the Heart of Help Our Neighbors. Make a difference and volunteer today.
Each service will require different lengths of volunteer service. Please let us know how many hours you would like to volunteer and how often you would like to volunteer. We have several volunteer services that require only an hour that you can do from home and we offer opportunities to volunteer only one time per month.
Please use the volunteer application to let Help Our Neighbors know that you are interested in helping our organization.
Some of the Volunteer Jobs are as follows:
- Transportation – in local Chatfield and Rochester Mayo or OMC clinic. The client is transported with the volunteer and their car from the client’s residence to the clinic or errand and then returned to their home upon completion of her visit.
- Outdoor Chores -mowing, raking, snow removal. The volunteer uses the mower, rake or other equipment supplied by the client to complete the outdoor chore. The volunteer cleans up and returns the equipment.
- Light Housekeeping – vacuuming, dusting, laundry, mopping floors, meal preparation. The volunteer uses the client’s vacuum or other equipment to complete the light housekeeping task or prepare the client meals in their home. The volunteer returns all equipment and cleans up from service.
- Home Safety Checks – The volunteer provides suggestions to the client to help prevent falls in the home. The volunteer may also remove minor clutter from walking pathways or other minor service at the time of inspection to eliminate the risk of falls.
- Friendly Visiting – The volunteer provides time with the client to check-in, find out if other services are needed and help a loved one out of town be assured that the client is alright.
- Minor Maintenance and Repair – The volunteer is aware of the service or repair prior to entering the client’s home. The volunteer repairs the minor item, may suggest ideas to the problem or purchase a part at the store at the client’s expense to complete the project.
Call today to find out how you can make a difference in the lives of seniors in the Chatfield area.