Volunteers are the Heart of Help Our Neighbors. Make a difference and volunteer today.
We accept all ages of volunteers to help out! You do not need special skills or a lot of time each month — it can be a little as two or three hours per month! We will work around your schedule and give you plenty of advanced notice for scheduling. In addition, our Director can provide you with information and/or assistance in matching you opportunities. We also have one-time events perfect for families (for instance, our annual Leaf Rake or our yearly fundraiser) and time shared with Seniors is recognized by all Chatfield organizations as applicable service hours (i.e. for Confirmation students).
Please use the volunteer application to let Help Our Neighbors know that you are interested in helping our organization.
Here are just a few of the Volunteer Opportunities available:
- Transportation – in local Chatfield and Rochester Mayo or OMC clinic. The client is transported with the volunteer and their car from the client’s residence to the clinic or errand and then returned to their home upon completion of her visit. We partner with the RSVP program so drivers over the age of 55 can be reimbursed for mileage and receive supplemental insurance coverage.
- Outdoor Chores -mowing, raking, snow removal. The volunteer uses the mower, rake or other equipment supplied by the client to complete the outdoor chore. The volunteer cleans up and returns the equipment.
- Light Housekeeping – vacuuming, dusting, laundry, mopping floors, meal preparation. The volunteer uses the client’s vacuum or other equipment to complete the light housekeeping task or prepare the client meals in their home. The volunteer returns all equipment and cleans up from service.
- Minor Maintenance and Repair – The volunteer is aware of the service or repair prior to entering the client’s home. The volunteer repairs the minor item, may suggest ideas to the problem or purchase a part at the store at the client’s expense to complete the project.
- Caregiver Support and Respite Care – The volunteer provides time with the client to provide social interaction and an opportunity for the caregiver to get a little bit of time away
- Administrative Assistance – are you skilled at fundraising, marketing, grant writing, or volunteer coordination? We can always use those skill sets and we’d be happy to find a way to put them to good use!
Call today to find out how you can make a difference in the lives of seniors in the Chatfield area.